Inspiration - Seeking

« Home | Well, that was a long week » | Week 4, Being nice » | Week 3 » | Big Bird » | What I haven't done, Week 2 » | Week 2, Saving the world! » | Postmodernism is dead » | under construction » | Postmodern Link of the Day » | Postmodern Birthday » 

Monday, December 12, 2005 

Inspiration

To accompany my personal goal of "meditating on a big idea" blog last week, I thought I would share a bit of what inspires me. Plus, I have finally got it together to post pictures.

The following is a pictorial of the scenery I absorb everyday on my 30 minute trek home from work. This is usually where I do my obsessive thinking and the occasional spiritual connecting. My favorite part of the walk is across this bridge which has a little guarded footbridge for pedestrians. Primary these photos are from the inside of the metal fence guard rail thing on the pedestrian foot bridge.

I approach this apropos corner everyday:



This was a gloomy day and I cheated too (the image is obviously from the car) and not my actual foot commute but this is good long view of the bridge:



View from the middle point of bridge around 5:15pm:





Secret footbridge artwork (Isn't street art becoming exceptionally evolved and jeez there is some real depth and weight in these anonymous works):







Over the one side of the bridge:



Post-bridge walk:



And finally my fiance and I thought this was kind of witty (actually, we just kept saying we should take a picture of it):

Wow, I completely love those pictures! Thank you for posting them. A few of the art things reminded me of Shem.

Julie

Wow, that 5th picture down, of the spaghetti head, is amazing. Cool stuff. We've got good public art in this city - also some serious crap, too.

I like the pics. It gives you a bit to think about walking home.Now that I have moved so far away I have been driving. My walks to work and home were also my time to think and talk to myself about things. I thing once it gets warm again the walking will start again. Very nice though.

Nick

Hi Em.
That artwork's great. You should look up Banksy

http://www.banksy.co.uk/

living legend in the UK

Chef- yeah I can't even not be postmodern if I want to, go figure.

Jul- I felt the Shem vibe too. There is a sudo-sexual undertone to all his work.

Cat- True. Sadly, the crap outweighs the random spagettii head type work.

Nick, ACtually, I find I miss the solace of the car, although walking "seems" like a more open space to do thinking etc..it used to be the car for me. Well, honestly I could sing outloud and talk to myself and no one would notice.

Phylos, I adore the website of work from that guy. Fantastic! Thank you.

Interesting what we see when we take the time to look. Great pix, Em.
-Charlie

Ah, pics of termite art in Philly. It kinda made me miss the dump. And I say that lovingly. Thanks for posting them! The train tunnels from 30th street to Center City (if they still exist) used to have some great work in the daylight sections.

I finally got around to looking at the pics, em - they are great - makes me a little jealous that you have an audience for them - hey, time to get back to art for you girl.
abby

Post a Comment
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

you should know this about me

  • I'm emilyahostutler
  • From Santa Rosa, California, United States
  • Some house hunting images
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates