Week 3 - Seeking

« Home | Big Bird » | What I haven't done, Week 2 » | Week 2, Saving the world! » | Postmodernism is dead » | under construction » | Postmodern Link of the Day » | Postmodern Birthday » | Postmodern Link of the Day » | The Pomo Child » | Postmodern Link of the Day » 

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 

Week 3

Week 2's goal? Working on my peace corps application. Besides what I already wrote about, I have done nothing. I still have until February, when I will actually need to have it completed. I just haven't had the time recently. Which brings us to Week 3:

First things first: My parents have informed me that they are not crazy about the new blog style and weekly plan thing. They are not sure they get it. What does everyone else think? Too personal, too boring, need more time to decide? I am curious and welcome constructive criticism.

So in addition to my Week 3 task, I plan to try and make my blog more interesting for my parents.

Now for my week 3 goal for self and/or world improvement:

I plan to drink more water, Stop Alito, oh and not use SEPTA to travel any where for a while (just to, you know, enjoy the out doors more)


The water is just this thing I have been obsessing about. The more I consume the better I feel. I have gained a significant amount of weight since I gave up these. Besides returning to a regular work out program, I think I have arrived at the point in my life where I need to be way more conscious of what I am taking into my body. I am feeling the need for some sort of liquid detox coupled with the use of daily vitamins. I am probably never going to be vegan or ultra diet conscious but I'd like to develope better habits.
Fine, mostly I just want to look stunning in my wedding dress.

My campaign to Stop Alito is really not that pro-active (just click on my current causes) However, I do think discussing this is important. I also want to prepare every one for Week 45 when I plan to start a revolution.

I am super freaked about this guy. Besides the fact that he will have the power to undo everything that has been accomplished for women's rights in the past 40 years
I found this little blurb about him:

He was a standout student, a valedictorian who served as student council president in his senior year. His yearbook entry lists 10 clubs and extracurricular activities, including band, track, honor society and public speaking. Friends said he also loved baseball and dreamed of being a pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies.

okay ewww..gag me with a spoon (as my mom says)
Alright here's another little blurb that disturbs me:

A dissenting opinion in Planned Parenthood v. Casey, 947 F.2d 682 (3d Cir. 1991), arguing that a Pennsylvania law that required women seeking abortions to inform their husbands should have been upheld. As Judge Alito reasoned:

[t]he Pennsylvania legislature could have rationally believed that some married women are initially inclined to obtain an abortion without their husbands' knowledge because of perceived problems such as economic constraints, future plans, or the husbands' previously expressed opposition that may be obviated by discussion prior to the abortion." He added some exceptions: "These exceptions apply if a woman certifies that she has not notified her husband because she believes [FN4] that (1) he is not the father of the child, (2) he cannot be found after diligent effort, (3) the pregnancy is the result of a spousal sexual assault that has been reported to the authorities, or (4) she has reason to believe that notification is likely to result in the infliction of bodily injury upon her."

Rehnquist's dissent from the Supreme Court's 5-4 decision striking down the spousal notification provision of the law quoted Judge Alito's dissent and expressed support for his reasoning.


Are you kidding me? EKKK!

Oh and check this one out:

In a dissent to Doe v. Groody, Alito argued that qualified immunity should have protected police officers from a finding of having violated constitutional rights when they strip-searched a mother and her ten-year-old daughter while carrying out a search warrant that authorized the search of a residence. The mother and daughter were not referred to in the warrant, although the affidavit with the warrant allowed police to "search all occupants of the residence and their belongings".

Lovely.

Anyway, I have not really offered much of my own political views since I started this blog, but I just have to express my opposition to Alito serving as assosiate justice.

((takes a sip of water))

Hi Em!

I love the content of this "new" blog, but I do think I liked the other design better.

Watch the liquid fast thing- I think that can be dangerous. Just make gradual healthy changes and work out, I say!

Love, Julie

Well I think your personal Septa strike might just work out.....

I like both the design and the new content better - although I will say that light writing on a dark background tends to bring on eyestrain for me. If you switch to livejournal, I'll design one for you if you want! ;) J/K, it's actually fun to do, you would probably want to do it yourself.

Gabby, it's worked!!

Julie, No liquid diet! I am just consuming as much tea and water as possible I not limiting my food intake by any means!!

Cat, I am gonna see what I can do about that text and the too contrasty background. I want to make the switch..but I thought I'd hold off for a boring day at work--hehe
EM

Hey Em,
thanks for the wishes yesterday. DRINK WATER it is the best for you.

Nick

Like what you're doing. Stick with it - at the end of the day we all blog for ourselves first don't we?

Looking forward to week 45. I declared independence from the UK on Monday so am happy to start a simultaneous revolt over here, though I think Parisiens are beating us both to it at the moment.

Remember what WC Fields said about water - I don't drink water, fish fuck in it.
All things in moderation (except moderation, he says rolling a j)

easy now

p

Post a Comment
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

you should know this about me

  • I'm emilyahostutler
  • From Santa Rosa, California, United States
  • Some house hunting images
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates