Magical Mystery Tour - Seeking

« Home | Comment Responses To "Sound Bites" » | I got "tagged" for this game » | Sound Bites » | Noriko Genji » | The Official Interview Game » | What I wrote » | Postmodern Link of the Day » | Chicken Liver, Passover and Praise 103.9 » | Reprimand the brain, a poem » | My Tarot » 

Thursday, May 26, 2005 

Magical Mystery Tour

This Memorial Day weekend, I am doing one of those things I talked about when I was 15 and had not yet had the honor of being allowed to drive off to where ever I wanted when ever I wanted. Oddly an honor I still haven't really been granted yet.

Anyway, I used to talk about picking a town on the map randomly and just making a road trip out of going to the town. No plans, no reservations, no expectations of vacation or gaining insight...Just going.

It's an adult version of the back yard adventure. Kind of attempting to dig a hole to china right before dinner-Or in this case, before the work week starts again.

The town is Harper's Ferry. I have done very little reseacrh on the town, but I did pass through via the AP once. I am bringing camping gear, in case the mood strikes and weather permits.
I am off on Friday evening and will return???

Just kidding, I'll be back by 9:00 AM Tuesday morning in time to "act like I am working."

More to come.

Harper's Ferry, eh? I love that place. I don't suppose the tubing outfitters were open yet. Come to think of it, the weekend was pretty cold for tubing.

I have been thinking more about home funerals and can see some errors in my thinking. For instance, I'd fully support and encourage people to die at home whenever possible. As I think more about this, I can see where the very things that would make dieing desirable would make have a home funeral desirable as well.

Post a Comment
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

you should know this about me

  • I'm emilyahostutler
  • From Santa Rosa, California, United States
  • Some house hunting images
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates