What I wrote - Seeking

« Home | Postmodern Link of the Day » | Chicken Liver, Passover and Praise 103.9 » | Reprimand the brain, a poem » | My Tarot » | Postmodern Link of the Day » | Fragmentation » | Postmodern Link of the Day » | Synchronicity Part 3 » | Postmodern Link of the Day » | What about Steely Dan? » 

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 

What I wrote

I am in the process of moving and during my mad and obsessive packing spree last night I stumbled upon a bunch of journals. I read for awhile, pausing in the land of super ego. Then I found a lone page that did not seem to belong to any journal. I don't remember writing this page but it is clearly my writing. I think I must have thought I was pretty cool.

Jan 20 2000
My gallant love, absorb me.
Saturate in my fantasies.
This metropolis I create for us to live and play in, will not exist without your belief.
We can rearrange the streets and stores. Delete the ground or sky.
Abolish speech. Do away with grief and sorrow.
Perhaps, no city at all.
How about a mountainous labyrinth?
Children will be the most respected deities. War will be a color, not a concept.
If signs existed they would display phrases like "The world is your oyster."
You and I will be monks.
Addiction will be just another word for limitation. Nothing and everything will be acknowledged as one in the same.
Come with me, my king, my love.
Saturate in my dreams
* * * (the little star breaks were actually drawn on the page)

I often ask myself, as that's the only one who will listen; How is it that thought is contained between the the parameters of what is called the brain? Confined in a thought prison designed by it's own fearful and limiting creators. This prison, often called sanity, is chaining the mind perpetually.
* * *

Super-pretty writing. Tho somehow the ideas are scary to me.

Jul- It is scary isn't it? It's funny How I still feel both like the girl that wrote that and like the girl I am today. Strange

hi, Emily. thanks for stopping by e.c.t.a.2.a.m.

got to admire your guts for posting a years-old journal... I think I would probably fight to the death to keep the stuff I wrote in my 20's from becoming public.

anyway, I like it... it's very purple (as one expect from a 20-year-old), but that makes it sort of charming... beginning writers (which we all are at that age whether we realize it or not) are like kids with finger-paints. they don't know when to stop, they just keep adding color...

Post a Comment
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

you should know this about me

  • I'm emilyahostutler
  • From Santa Rosa, California, United States
  • Some house hunting images
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates