The Official Interview Game - Seeking

« Home | What I wrote » | Postmodern Link of the Day » | Chicken Liver, Passover and Praise 103.9 » | Reprimand the brain, a poem » | My Tarot » | Postmodern Link of the Day » | Fragmentation » | Postmodern Link of the Day » | Synchronicity Part 3 » | Postmodern Link of the Day » 

Monday, May 02, 2005 

The Official Interview Game

My questions came from Sarah!

1. Who do you think knows you better than anyone else?

The first person who knew me better then anyone else was my Intensive Outpatient Counselor, Drew. I knew this was the case when I said to him "Drew, I am just not ready to get sober." He replied 'Emily, when is anyone ever ready to get sober?"
He would have had to know me better then anyone to provide me with the only thing I ever heard that motivated me to change my life.

The second person being my current therapist, Denise. I know this because when I express any fear to her, she replies "so basically you afraid of not being perfect?"


2. What pop-culture icon did you pine after in your room late at night as a pre-teen girl? Did you have a poster?

Hmmmm. I really wasn't a big piner in that way. I did love my Bob Marley poster and I always thought he was gorgeous.


3. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you?

My little brother said the nicest thing to me I had ever heard. We were at a Steely Dan concert, standing in the back, surveying the crowd. He said; "You are at your favorite concert, with your family, your doing film work, your sober and your whole life has worked out, isn't that awesome?"

Another thing that comes to mind that was said in the most perfect way by someone I totally looked up to was; "Emily, I am so crazy about you"
Who doesn't love to hear that?
I guess it's not so much what was said, but how it was said.


4. How did you know?

I thought I once did know. Now I realize I never will. I am ok with that.

5. When you think of the word "artist", who is the first artist that comes to mind?

This would probably change on any given day but today it is a group of several artists in the greatest visual installation show I ever saw called Moving Pictures at the Guggenheim museum in New York. When I saw this show I finally new what I meant when I called myself an "artist".


The Official Interview Game Rules

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."

2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.

3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

jenn see-

1. What is your most memorable selfless act?
2. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
3. Can you find a photograph that expresses your greatest fear?
4. When did it hit you?
5. What is your favorite part of blogging? What does the experience provide for you?

Mad Chefy

1. What is the most interesting encounter you have ever had with a stranger?
2. What was your favorite comic strip as a child?
3. What is your favorite meal to cook?
4. Did it always feel like this?
5. Which novel of Steven King's do you most relate to?

There you go guys-can't wait to hear the responses!

why not? Interview me as well.

alright, luv, my answers are posted on the fish...

Post a Comment
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

you should know this about me

  • I'm emilyahostutler
  • From Santa Rosa, California, United States
  • Some house hunting images
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates