Postmodern Link Of The Day - Seeking

« Home | A PICTURE OF A PICTURE » | Mania » | Grandparents » | On the weather » | Abraham-Hicks » | So, what about the title? » | Synchronicity » | Reviewing the past for the benefit of the present » | Holocaust on your plate » | Me pretending to be me » 

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 

Postmodern Link Of The Day

This is an interesting example of some serious post-modern activity that a good friend thought I would dig. Check it out www.availableonthursday.com

Cool, but I agree with Sarah, also annoying. How hard could it be to take digital pics of the tasks and post them on the website? And also, what is the point of this? I hope there's a point. Like maybe he's trying to prove some postulation.

Anyway, it's certainly original. I've never seen anything like it before.

what was the point of david blaine sitting in a box over the river thames for 40 days? sure it's a bit narcissistic but it's also an interesting study in role playing. what he's doing is playing a role. it's a study in interaction. we're somebody's employee, lover, child, co-worker, patient, sponsor, etc. plus it's fun. what are you doing that's more interesting?

there are people in buffalo, ny who will be able to view these tasks at the dates and times specified. why does it need to be broadcasted, taped or photographed like the blaine experiment? plenty of street art goes undocumented.

no need to question people you don't know.i agree (regarding questioning his artistic decisions) ;)

Jason - what am *I* doing that's more interesting? Well, today I'm working, instead of being fucking rude to total strangers on blogs. Unlike you.

Sorry Em. Backing away now.

aw, i'm sorry!! i guess that could have come off kind of rude. i apologize. i didn't mean it that way (or directed towards either of you.) i actually agree with both of you. i just wanted to play devil's advocate a little to encourage discussion and maybe present a different angle. that's all. again wasn't meant to be personal.. i'm sorry again! :-)

p.s. check out my friend justin's blog.. and the strangers comments leave for him on there.. talk about rude people :-) www.rebel-alliance.net

aw, i'm sorry!! i guess that could have come off kind of rude. i apologize. i didn't mean it that way (or directed towards either of you.) i actually agree with both of you. i just wanted to play devil's advocate a little to encourage discussion and maybe present a different angle. that's all. again wasn't meant to be personal.. i'm sorry again! :-)

p.s. check out my friend justin's blog.. and the strangers comments leave for him on there.. talk about rude people :-) www.rebel-alliance.net

Jason - I can't post! I've tried to get this comment on here like 6 times. Anyway, I was trying to say apology accepted and I'm sorry too - I think I was cranky yesterday and took your comment too personally. Forgiven?

I'll check out that blog...

Em, I'll stop hijacking your blog now!! :)

Update: Documentation has been added to the site.

Post a Comment
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

you should know this about me

  • I'm emilyahostutler
  • From Santa Rosa, California, United States
  • Some house hunting images
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates