Me pretending to be me - Seeking

« Home 

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 

Me pretending to be me

My name is Emily, I am 25 years old and was suffering from severe blog envy until today. I've spent a significant amount of time, maybe 25-30% percent of the past 4 years trying to decide if I am either a hippie-dippy, kind of flaky, artsy, super-liberal filmmaking freak or a label wearing, even-keel, average-liberal research assistant suffering from OCD. I also have a really hard time determining if I am actually Jewish or not and have spent maybe 5 % of my time contemplating Judaism related issues.

I guess something else I plan to explore in my new blog is my musical interests. For as long as I can remember I've been obsessed with gospel music, specifically gospel music about Jesus. Kind of Trippy. I guess my musical tastes are probably what most noticeably distinguish my character from all the other blond-haired, blue-eyed American 25 year olds.

-Did I mention that I am slightly resentful that I have the all-American girl look, yet even with this resentment I tend to play it up.

I guess a few other things that may slip in with my thoughts include:
My experiences as a drug addict (now sober 4 years)
My father's prostate cancer (now in remission 1 year)
My classic romantic's bleeding heart
My confusion about the Higher Power concept
Therapy

I'd appreciate any constructive criticism, as I am new at this!

I'm so glad you did this! Yee ha!

---Cecily

Hey Em!

Yeah! We can be new bloggers together! Looking forward to keeping up with you this way-

Julie

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Hello, some nice thoughts displayed, I came across your blog (not in that way) whilst flicking through the "recently updated" thing. The "postmodernist" in the title grabbed my attention, as I have close ties with this subject, close to the point it really rattles my cage.

You are the first person I have left a comment with since starting my own blog, if you'd like to take a look at mine, feel free:
http://terminalsplace.blogspot.com/

I havent told anyone else about it yet.

Congratulations on staying drug free for so long. It's a character building life experience that most non-drug users (eg many councellors) can not relate to.

I can tbelieve I said you look all american today! If only I knew.....
You are a great writer, I'm glad you are blogging. I need more excuses to not read my statistics book.

Post a Comment
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

you should know this about me

  • I'm emilyahostutler
  • From Santa Rosa, California, United States
  • Some house hunting images
My profile

recent posts

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates