Synchronicity - Seeking

« Home | Reviewing the past for the benefit of the present » | Holocaust on your plate » | Me pretending to be me » 

Thursday, February 17, 2005 

Synchronicity

I've been wanting to write about some examples of the synchronicity phenomena for a few days.
Although the past few weeks have been really challenging, and I've had a bad case of the blues, I've still been able to recognize some of the tiny things that remind me I am connected to everything around me in a really special way. I guess this could be called God, the moon, irony or just coincidence, but whatever you call it these small occurrences have been keeping me afloat:

I get an e-mail from a friend from high school that recognized me from myspace who I have not heard from in 8 years. The same night another friend tells me she works with someone who knows me from high school, a totally different person but from the same grade, who I also haven't seen in 8 years.

I am in the middle of an e-mail conversation with a good friend of mine who gets a phone call notifying her that her Dad has cancer. My dad has cancer too.

I run into someone who I normally would not see because they have the day off for jury duty. Her and I have a great night together as a result. That night I had a jury duty notice in my mail.

Some others:

I make a personal pledge to work on my cultural literacy and start reading the newspaper again. What do you know? My sponsor gets me a subscription to the New York Times magazine as a graduation gift.

I keep thinking I should do more yoga or take some dance classes again. My younger brother calls me and asks if I would mind taking Capoeira classes with him. Do I need to mention that I was also trying to find a way to spend more time with my brother?


The less blatant:

People keep calling me right before I am about to call them.

My mom keeps instinctively calling when I am at my lowest moments.

I keep running into people I know from living in the half-way house. This is amazing when you realize how few people have survived from that house.

I know it may seem like I am digging here, but it feels good to know that the universe may be responding to me even if it is all just irony. This blog itself has manifested due to a turning point in my world.

Also Lyrics to The Police Synchronicity:
Synchronicity I

With one breath, with one flow
You will know
Synchronicity

A sleep trance, a dream dance,
A shared romance,
Synchronicity

A connecting principle,
Linked to the invisible
Almost imperceptible
Something inexpressible.
Science insusceptible
Logic so inflexible
Causally connectible
Yet nothing is invincible.

If we share this nightmare
Then we can dream
Spiritus mundi.

If you act, as you think,
The missing link,
Synchronicity.

We know you, they know me
Extrasensory
Synchronicity.

A star fall, a phone call,
It joins all,
Synchronicity.

It's so deep, it's so wide
Your inside
Synchronicity.

Effect without a cause
Sub-atomic laws, scientific pause
Synchronicity..................................


I'd love to hear about any synchronicity anyone else has been experiencing lately.

Wow, Em, the things you wrote about are spooky. "Spooky" is the name of the ring on my new cell. Anyway, the one about jury duty gave me chills.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me to notice the synchronicity in my own life. Last night I dreamt my direct deposit was messed up and today it was.

Today I wrote my new third step prayer and asked to be blessed with abundance, including more sponsees, and someone called me an hour later and popped the question. Now I have no business taking on any more sponsees right now, so I had to take that out of the prayer.

Maybe I'll put in the prayer that I'd like the book sold and the love of my life to walk thru the door!

Post a Comment
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

you should know this about me

  • I'm emilyahostutler
  • From Santa Rosa, California, United States
  • Some house hunting images
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates