Sound Bites - Seeking

« Home | Sal and Sam... » | Postmodern Link of the Day » | Magical Mystery Tour will return » | Magical Mystery Tour 2 » | Postmodern Link of The Day » | Magical Mystery Tour » | Comment Responses To "Sound Bites" » | I got "tagged" for this game » | Sound Bites » | Noriko Genji » 

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 

Sound Bites

So, The epic romance of Sal and Samantha is on hold for today as the story decided it may just manifest itself in little blips in the way the "postmodern link of the day" does.

The past couple weeks that I have lapsed on my posting is going to result into a Sound Bites kind of day. Again, Sound Bites are just little thoughts that rush through my head that don't really have a home.

I have been thinking about the nature of hunger. There are so many ways in which I hunger these days. I have actual desire for food and water. This desire frames my day and more recently, all of my activities. That is, when I actually choose to eat in a structured sense.
The Live 8 show coming to Philly has me reflecting on the extreme terminal hunger and starvation that is one of the many benefits of third world living. This has further motivated me to keep reading my Peace Corps literature and get a move on that application.
I've also been thinking about that other kind of hunger. The passionate kind. The kind that urges me to move forward in life despite bad news and difficult times. The hunger for life. The way that I can taste a big achievement before it has even arrived. The way I anticipate the goose bumps of sadness when nothing sad has yet occurred. I truly hunger for the next day to arrive. It is nice to hunger in this way now. There was a time I hungered only for my next fix.


The other thing that I keep talking, hearing and OCDing over is that which will go unnamed. I don't know what exactly is going on with this particular recent "religion" but I find I am thinking two things.
I am totally petrified of it.
I can not get my head around the fact that how this all began was with a good old fashioned sci-fi novel.
I have read and re-read the claims of Operation Clam Bake, the website dedicated to outting the truth about that which will go unnamed. What I find utterly fascinating is those that will go unnamed claim to have found another mechanism for the relief of (hunger) drug addiction and alcoholism. What is going in there? A friend of mine pointed out that when it boils down to it the unnameds are not really that much different or scarier then these other unnameds. This is a good a point. However, something is still really unsettling about the whole thing.

The problem with the clambake site is that it doesnt clearly define what the "religion" stands for, whats it believes etc., it just talks about what a cult it is. The funny thing is that the CoS site doesnt either, it just talks about how it works. I understand your fears, I share them, this is a scary time.
Didn't think I read your blog did you?

so awesome gab-your right I didn't think you read it and on top of that actually go and look at the links-your so on my who's hot list!
Well, I think that is the point that operation clambake is making..it doesn't really seem like there is any real belief system going on (like you pointed out)..I do know they have some sort of "aliens take over-save the world mission" and they also have the levels that mark how "high up" you are in the "religion": For example, I kid you not, Tom Cruise just became an Omega 4. F' werid dude.

Post a Comment
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

you should know this about me

  • I'm emilyahostutler
  • From Santa Rosa, California, United States
  • Some house hunting images
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates